Australia is different when travelling from rest of the world and needs special care to stay safe. There are many kinds of dangers and challenges. Sparse population and lack of settlement for miles is Australia. But that is what is different about Australia. The following tips will help you cope up with challenges in the Island Continent.
- Light Luggage – Heavy luggage is a big no while travelling anywhere and more so in Australia as you will be travelling long distances. So pack smartly and according to the season you are travelling in. You can buy some clothes locally for the local fashion and it is not expensive.
- Travel by Road/Train – Do not take flights while in Australia if you want to experience the real Australia. Instead take trains or travel by road and have the experience of the Australian outback. Making a discovery traveler’s pass is an economic option.
- Keep Hydrated – Australia is dry and hot. Especially the outback is arid and steaming so you need to drink water regularly. Keeping lemon handy is a good way to quench the thirst. You can make lemon water with sugar or salt which keeps the electrolytic balance in the body as well.
- Avoid night travel – Australia can be wild and there are dangerous predators and extremely poisonous snakes. So adventure at night is not advised.
- Sun Block creams to avoid sunburns – Sun will burn your skin if you do not have protection. Using sun block product is a necessity here.